We went to see the Disney's Brave. We liked it a lot. Afterwards, the kids asked me for some sweet cakes as in the movie. I searched the internet and did not find anything. Nothing at all. So, I had to create a recipe. The kids loved them.
They informed me that the Sweet Cakes should have been topped with cherries but I didn't have any. If you have them, it would make a nice topping. I also added some chopped up strawberries to a few and they were good. My son and I liked the jam topping. Any chopped up fruit would be a great addition. Also, top the sweet cakes with any desired fruit. I did top a few with strawberries but I preferred the jam. The Sweet Cakes are like a cross between a cookie and a cupcake. They are soft and tender. Be brave and try them today!Sweet Cakes
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and combine.
- Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- To the butter mixture, add 1/3 of the flour and mix.
- Repeat with another 1/3 of the flour.
- Add the remaining flour to the butter and mix.
- Add the milk to the mixture and mix until incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon about 3 Tbsp of batter onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Space the batter about 4 inches apart.
- Bake the sweet cakes about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
1 cup powder sugar, sifted
3 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine the sugar, water, and vanilla together.
- Drizzle the icing over the sweet cakes.
1 tsp of jam
other desired fruit
Recipe created by Jen of Sweet Morris.
Did you already know...
-In the movie Brave, Merida's hair consist of 1,500 separate curls.
-Pixar had to create a software for Merida's hair and her movements with her hair which took almost 3 years to develop.
-The original name for the movie Brave was The Bear and the Bow.