Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cranberry-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake

At work, my coworker suggested we should have little get-together and celebrate with the honored food for the month. Of course, it is a nice break and fun to see what others have made for this celebration. 
I have previously made a Bundt cake and will be bring it into work since it was requested by my friend. However, my husband doesn't think it is very nice of me to tease him with the promise of a cake and not make him something. So, I have to make something for home.
When I saw this cake, I knew it would be prefect to make for home. My husband agrees! I also had helpers making this cake.
Cranberry-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese
2 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 lemon
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1 Tbsp flour
whipped cream (optional for topping)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the Bundt pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl, carefully cover the cranberries with the 1 Tbsp flour. Set aside.
  3. Cream the butter with the cream cheese in a bowl.
  4. Add the sugar to the butter and cream.
  5. One at the time, add the eggs.
  6. Add the zest of the lemon and then the juice.
  7. Mix in the almond and vanilla extract.
  8. Add the cake flour and salt. Mix well.
  9. Carefully, fold in the flour covered cranberries.
  10. Add the batter to the Bundt pan.
  11. Cook for 60 minutes or until done. *
  12. Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Recipe adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride.

*I had to cover my cake around 45 minutes because the bottom was becoming dark. However, I'm thinking it is my pan.
I will post a how to make whip cream tomorrow if you would like to know how. 
Did you already know....................
-The Bundt pan evolved because of the European kugelhopf molds.
-In 1950, Nordic ware invent the aluminum Bundt pan because owner H. David Dalquist was approached by a group of Minneapolis women asking him to make the pan for them.
-In 1966, Bundt cakes become very popular after one is featured in the Pillsbury cookoff and wins 2nd place.

No comments:

Post a Comment