Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I love hot and spicy foods. My two youngest children have no problem eating spicy foods. I call my youngest daughter spicy girl. Our two older children would rather I hold off on the hotness. It is funny to watch them try to eat a spicy dish and appear to be cool especially when their younger siblings have no problem. 
My husband loves spicy foods and request any type of dish with Buffalo chicken. My husband doesn't cook much but he will make this recipe. When I make this dish, I add a little more heat but you can always adjust the Buffalo sauce depending on how spicy you are feeling.
Buffalo Chicken Dip

8 oz. package of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup reduced fat ranch salad dressing
3/4 cup Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Add the chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and Buffalo sauce to a deep baking dish. Mix well. 
  3. Add half the cheeses and combine. 
  4. Spread mixture evenly on the dish.
  5. Top the dish with the remaining cheese.
  6. Bake between 20 or until mixture is heated through.
  7. If the cheese is not golden, place under broiler for a few minutes.
  8. Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables.
Recipe adapted from Frank's Redhot.
For work, I have been to Buffalo, NY several times. The last time my friends talking me into going to the Anchor Bar. The wings were good and I would go back!

Did you already know............
-The owner of the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY is credited for creating the Buffalo wings.
-On Oct. 30th, 1964, owner Teressa Bellissimo fried up some chicken wings and dipped them in a buttery, spicy hot chile sauce for her son and his college friends for a late snack.(There are several other versions on how Teressa Bellissimo created the dish but this version is from the Anchor Br website.)
-When in Buffalo, Buffalo chicken wings are called chicken wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment