My son has been singing "Its the best day ever." He has been singing this song since Christmas morning. I have a strong feeling he was happy with all of his gifts.
Since Christmas, we have a lot of family and friends with birthdays. I decided to make a chocolate cupcake. Since this cupcake is not the Boozy Bourbon Chocolate Cupcakes, these cupcakes are perfect for everyone. I did put a little instant chocolate pudding in the middle instead of the previous filling. Also, the difference between the previous frosting and this one is I replaced the liqueur with melted unsweetened chocolate.Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup milk
4 large eggs
- Line 18 cupcake tin with liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter at low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the oil to the butter and continue beating until texture of sand.
- Add the milk with the vanilla to the butter.
- Mix for about 2 minutes while scraping down every minute.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well. The batter should be thin.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
Did you already know............
-Medieval pudding was made out of meats.
-In the 1930s, instant puddings were available.
-The first instant pudding Jello introduced was chocolate.