Do you have a favorite lemon recipe? Is it lemon bars, meringue, or lemon frosting? I love lemonade. Fresh lemonade is the best. My husband knows if we are at a fair I will normally purchase lemonade where they will squeeze it in front of you. Then they will shake it up for you. How can I resist? The only problem is I end up having to share. I tell my children I hope they know how much I love them!
Since I still had some Meyer lemons, I decided to make lemon frosting. I really am glad. The lemon flavor is a subtle taste and not overbearing. My youngest daughter thought they were awesome.
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp fine sugar
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 Tbsp milk
- Mix the lemon zest and the fine sugar very well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add a little bit of milk at a time if needed until the ingredients are fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest sugar to the frosting.
- Top your favorite vanilla cake/cupcakes recipe.
Did you already know........
-The rind of the Meyer lemon is edible.
-Meyer lemons are available from November, December, and January.
-Meyer lemons are sweeter than traditional lemons so less sugar is needed.
-In 1960, the majority of the Meyer lemons in California were destroyed by a virus.