Sunday, February 5, 2012

Silken Chocolate Walnut Tart

Sometimes you make something and you know it came out wrong. The thing is this dessert taste so good. It should have been silky. Mine was not. It should have more crust on the sides. Mine did not. Mine was like a delicious brownie on a tart crust.
When I was making this dessert, I had a feeling my tart pan wasn't large enough. So I had the brilliant idea of placing a parchment lined cookie sheet under my tart. I am glad since my tart did run over.
If you make this dessert, you should use a 10 inch tart pan. I even saw a 10 inch heart shape pan. I recommend this dessert for Valentine's Day. Since I made this dessert with the toasted walnuts, my honey would have know it wasn't for him but for me. Alright, I made this for the children and me! Also you can easily adapt the crust to make this a gluten free dessert and it would be worth making it.
Please check out the recipe and the other Project Pastry Queen members posting here.

1 comment:

  1. We loved it, too! I'm going to have to keep on the look-out for that 10-inch heart-shaped pan. can't have too many tart pans :)

    ReplyDelete