When I first saw this recipe, I thought these would be like circular cookies. I actually like they are in bar form. These cookies are so good. I prefer oatmeal cookies with no chocolate so I did the same thing. The other thing I did was replace the corn syrup with agave syrup. It is a preference thing.This week's pick for Project Pastry Queen was picked by Missy of Creative Missy. I will be making these crisps again. My husband would not stop eating them. I had to hide these four crisp to take a photo of them.
1/2 cup butter, unsalted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp agave syrup 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With cooking spray, grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, and agave syrup about 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- Add the oats, baking powder, salt, and coconut.
- Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Press the ingredients evenly into the greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake the crisps for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes.
- In the pan, cut the crisps down the middle vertically. Then cut the crisps horizontally to make the crisps.
Did you already know...
- Corn syrup is a natural sweetener made from corn.
-Corn syrup and sugar have the same amount of calories.
-The USFDA list corn syrup safe to use in food since 1983.