I love roasted chicken meals. My family always think I spent a lot of time cooking them. I don't tell them differently since I want them to be impressed. I didn't even peel the potatoes for this dish. I talked my husband into scrubbing them for me. I also cheated by using baby carrots.My husband would call this a winner winner chicken dinner. The original recipe called for Herbes de Provence seasoning but I wanted to use up the herbs I already had in my kitchen. I did research Herbes de Provence and some recipes called for lavendar and some recipes said the original does not contain lavender. Since I didn't have any lavender, I just made this roasted, herb chicken. Please feel free to express your opinion of Herbes de Provence with or without lavender.Roasted Herb Chicken with vegetables
1/4 cup white wine
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 lb. bone-in chicken breast and legs
2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
1 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp fennel seed
1 lb. small red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cups baby carrots
- Preheat ove ot 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chicken and vegetables onto the parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the wine, oil, and the herbs.
- Spread the wine mixture over the chicken and toss.
- Arrange the chicken skin side down.
- Roast the chicken for 30. Turn the chicken and stir the vegetables.
- Continue to cook the chicken for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The vegetables should be tender.
Did you already know...
-In 1889, Willoughby M. McCormick formed his company at the age of 25 years old in Baltimore.
-Mr. McCormick sold root beer, flavoring extracts, fruit juices and other products under several different trademarks.
-His products were sold door to door during this time.