Monday, April 8, 2013

Yogurt Pancakes

My niece spent the night this past weekend. So, I made the children pancakes the next morning. Now, my son is not a big pancake person. He would rather have eggs. He ate five pancakes and wanted more. My youngest daughter loves pancakes and she had at least five pancakes. My niece ate five pancakes and she wanted more. I'm just lucky my husband was able to have two pancakes. I was able to have two pancakes too. They even wanted my pancakes but I was able to distract them.
Yogurt Pancakes
1/2 cup all purpose flour 
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 eggs, whisked slightly
butter for the skillet
vegetable oil for the skillet

Directions:
  1. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt until just mixed.
  2. Add the yogurt and eggs. Mix until just combined.
  3. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
  4. Add about 1 tsp vegetable oil and 1 tsp butter to the skillet. 
  5. Add 1/4 cup of batter to the skillet and cook until top is bubbly.
  6. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
  7. Add additional vegetable oil and butter to the skillet when needed. 
  8. Continue cooking the remaining batter in batches.
  9. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Jen of Sweet Morris.

One year ago......................I made Margaritas.
Did you already know........
-Greek yogurt is high in protein.
-Greek yogurt is strained to remove the whey.
-Greek yogurt tends to have less sugar than regular yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment