Friday, July 26, 2013

Chocolate Cupcakes

I love to use pretty cupcake liners. Now, I make sure I don't use them for my son but he was alright with the Spider-man liners I picked out for him. Well, I decided to try these fancy kind of liners. They are very pretty but a little more challenging to use. If I use them again, I will pipe the batter in the center of the liners. The kids don't mind if some of the batter ran down the sides of the liners but I would rather they look a little pretty if I give them away. Also, I would double line the cupcake holder or use a lighter batter next time. The last thing is the cupcakes are a little harder to frost. In the end, all the cupcakes were eaten so that is the best sign of all. No matter what liners you use these are good cupcakes but they taste even better the next day.
Chocolate Cupcakes makes about 16 cupcakes
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 sugar
3/4 cups cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup brewed hot coffee

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line a cupcake liner in a muffin tin.
  3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. 
  4. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
  5. Slowly, add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture. 
  6. Add the coffee and mix until just combined. 
  7. Evenly fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full with the batter.
  8. Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  9. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa.
 
One year ago...........................I made Raspberry Cheesecake.
Did you already know.............
-Cupcakes in England are known as fairy cakes.
-Fairy cakes are baked in bun tins which are muffin tins.
-Fairy cakes are smaller versions with icing instead of American cupcakes with frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment