I think Rice Krispies treats are one of the easiest treats to make for the kids. I probably make them a few times a year since they are a perfect dessert snack for the kids. My husband likes the peanut butter ones the best. So, I figured I would try adding Nutella but I didn't want Nutella all through it so I frosted the top of the treats with Nutella. Since I prefer my treats with a little more marshmallow, I decrease the cereal by a little. I wasn't sure how the kids would like this change but by the end of the day the majority of the treats were gone. I think that is always the best sign.
Nutella Rice Krispies Treats
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup Nutella spread
- Spray a 13x9 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Fold in the cereal until well coated.
- Spread the cereal mixture into the prepared pan and press lightly.
- On top, evenly spread the Nutella over the cereal mixture.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from Kellogg's.
One year ago.................................I made Chocolate Cookie Cutouts.
Did you already know...................
-In 1939, Troop leader Mildred Day came up with the idea of Rice Krispies Treats while discussing a funraiser with Malitta Jensen for their Campfire Girls.
-Mildred Day was an employee of Kellogg's.
-Also, Mildred Day used Campfire marshmallows in the recipe.