Thursday, November 21, 2013

Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies

I love Heath Bars. My husband loves Heath Bars. So when I decided to make him some peanut butter cookies, I thought I really should add some Heath Bar bits to the mix. I can't believe I haven't combined Heath Bar with my peanut butter cookies before. I really liked these cookies. My husband loved these cookies. My youngest daughter will not stop asking me to bake more of these cookies. I highly recommend these cookies. 
Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped toffee pieces (I used Heath Bits of Brickle Toffee bits)

Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
  3. Slowly, add the sugar and beat until incorporated.
  4. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
  5. Slowly, stir in the flour mixture and the toffee pieces. Mix until incorporated.
  6. Form the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic.
  7. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
  8. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
  9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  10. Form the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. 
  11. Place the dough onto the parchment paper spaced 2 inches apart.
  12. Lightly flatten the balls before using a fork to form crisscross patterns on top.
  13. Bake the cookies for 7 minutes before rotating the baking sheet.
  14. Bake the cookies for another 7 to 8 minutes and the cookies are lightly browned.
  15. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from myrecipes.com.

One year ago..............................I made Pumpkin Cream Cheese Scones.
Two years ago...........................I made Pancakes.
Did you already know.................
-In 1928, the Heath brothers began to market their their Toffee Bar.
-The Heath brother had obtained a toffee recipe from a Greek confectioner salesman. The brothers adapted the recipe.
-Currently, the Heath bar is a product of Hersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment