Sunday, November 24, 2013

Homemade Stove Top Stuffing

My sister loves Stove Top Stuffing. I mean love as in (why can't the stuffing by itself be my meal) love. I would say it is one of her favorite foods. Now, I make homemade stuffing like my Mom did for Thanksgiving. When my sister comes for Thanksgiving, I will make homemade stuffing plus Stove Top Stuffing just for her. Yes, I love her that much. Well, she told me how her mother-in-law makes a homemade version that tastes a lot like Stove Top. I had to give it a try. It is good. My youngest son loved it. The best part about this stuffing is it is made on the stove top. 
Homemade Stove Top Herb Stuffing
6 slices of bread
1/4 cup dried parsley
1 Tbsp onion, grated
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground sage
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chicken broth

Directions:
  1. Toast the bread and then cube.
  2. In a medium bowl, place the toasted bread with the parsley, onion, salt, sage, thyme, and rosemary. Toss gently.
  3. In a medium pan, melt the butter in the chicken broth.
  4. Once the butter is melted, gently stir the herb bread to the pan.
  5. Remove the pan from the heat and cover.
  6. Allow the pan to rest for 5 minutes. 
  7. Fluff the stuffing with a fork before serving.
Recipe adapted from Gail.
One year ago................................I made Turkey Pot Pie.
Two years ago..............................I made Poultry Seasoning.
Did you already know..................
-In 1972, General Foods introduced Stove Top Stuffing Mix.
-In 1990, General Foods merged with Kraft.
-At Thanksgiving, Kraft sells more than 60 million boxes of Stove Top Stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment