Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sausage Wonton appetizers

One of my favorite dishes my best friend brings over are some sausage wonton appetizers. They are so good. Well, I was thinking how much I like the Rotel Sausage Dip but I wanted to make it similar to my friend's way. They are easy way to serve dip while watching football. My youngest son helped me and we love them. My son didn't even want me to take some photos to share. He just wanted to eat them. So, I comprised with him and took a photo of him eating one. Boy, my son needs a haircut.
Photo by my youngest son!
Sausage Wonton appetizers
24 wonton wrappers
1 package of Jimmy Dean pork sausage
1/2 cup white onion, chopped fine
1 (10 oz.) can of Rotel, drained
4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips

Directions:
  1. Line a cupcake pan with one wonton wrapper in each cup.
  2. Place another wonton wrapper on top of the other with the second wonton square sides sticking up between the spaces of the first. Set aside.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  4. In a large skillet, brown the pork sausage.
  5. Add the onion and cook until the pork sausage is fully cooked.
  6. Add the drained can of Rotel into the skillet. Cook for about 1 minute.
  7. Add the cheddar cheese and the cream cheese. Mix until well incorporated.
  8. Cook until the cheese is melted.
  9. Spoon the mixture into the center of the wonton cups until they are half full.
  10. Top the mixture with the crushed tortilla chips.
  11. Bake the won tons for 15 minutes or until the wonton wrappers are fully cooked.
  12. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe adapted from here.

Two years ago.....................I made Burgundy Mushrooms.
My photographer
Did you already know..........
-Wontons originated from North China.
-Wonton means small dumpling or swallowing clouds.
-Wonton and dumplings tend to vary in size and thickness of the wrapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment