Friday, July 4, 2014

Strawberry Fool with blueberries

This is one of the simplest desserts I have made. How could it not be? The dessert is blended fruit with sugar and whip cream. Yes, it is that simple. My family loved it. My children licked the bowl clean and then showed me. I told them it was so simple that they could make it next time. I will not be surprised if they do. Now, the recipe is suppose to be refrigerated for at least an hour. We didn't wait. How could I when the children knew I had made whip cream? I'll make it next time when they are at camp. Oh, this dessert is so light and smooth. If you lick the bowl, you won't be the only one.
Strawberry Fool
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 cups heavy cream
Additional sliced strawberries, whip cream, and blueberries for garnish

Directions:
  1. In a blender, puree the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. 
  2. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
  4. Remove 1/2 cup of the whip cream for garnish.
  5. Fold the seedless strawberry mixture into the whip cream. 
  6. Refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
  7. Garnish with the berries and whip cream before serving.
Recipe adapted from Katie Lee. 

One year ago....................................I made Nutella Rice Krispie Treats.
Two years ago..................................I made Chocolate Cookie Cutouts.
Did you already know.................
-A fruit fool is a classic English dessert.
-The classic version called for the fruit to be stewed before being mixed into a custard.
-Gooseberries were the tradition fruit used in a fool.

I hope you have a fantastic 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment