Friday, December 5, 2014

Baked Hot Chocolate Pudding

Sometimes, I just want chocolate. It could be a hard day. It is cold outside. It could be there are craters on the moon. I can give you many reasons why I would like chocolate. Well, I decided to try this recipe for baked pudding. Since moving, I didn't realize I had no cocoa powder. I hadn't made it to the store and didn't check the cabinet so I figured hot chocolate would do. My family like pudding and chocolate so this was a good combination for us. It is very rich with a crunchy top and a smooth filling.
Baked Hot Chocolate Pudding
1/2 lb. unsalted butter
4 large eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 packages of hot chocolate mix
1/2 cup all purpose flour

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Lightly butter a 2 quart baking dish or 6 small baking dishes.
  3. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
  4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar for 5 minutes. 
  5. Add the hot chocolate mix and flour. Mix until just combined.
  6. Slowly, add the cooled butter and mix until just combined.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared dishes. 
  8. Set the dishes into a larger baking dish.
  9. Add hot water to the larger baking dish so it comes up to half way to the smaller baking dishes. Don't allow any water to get onto the batter. 
  10. Bake the dish for 1 hour for the larger dish. (Check about 30 minutes for the smaller dishes.) The dish is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out 3/4 clean. The center should appear undercooked since it is a baked pudding. 
  11. Allow to cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from Back to Basics cookbook by Barefoot Contessa.

Two years ago............................I made Bacon Fontina Panini.
Three years ago..........................I made Nutella Hot Chocolate.
Did you already know............
-The moon is shaped like a lemon. 
-The moon is larger than Pluto.
-The moon does have small quakes called moonquakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment