Monday, December 8, 2014

Snickers Caramel Cheesecake Minis

Do you need a recipe for the holidays? Something you can make ahead and can grab to go? Well, I think cheesecake is always a winner. I wanted to make little mini ones since I think they are easier to share. Since I had a package of snickers in the cabinet, I thought they would be an excellent topper. Also, my daughter wanted a package of shortbread cookies but then decided she didn't like them. Guess what I used as my cheesecake crust? I did make these for my husband as an anniversary gift. Sometimes the best gifts are the simple ones.
Snickers Caramel Cheesecake Mini
1/2 cup shortbread cookies, crushed
1/2 cups plus 1 tsp sugar, split
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp butter, melted
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 egg
6 caramel candy
2 tsp water
6 mini snickers,chopped

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  3. In a small bowl, combine the shortbread cookies, with 1 tsp sugar, salt, and the melted butter.
  4. Press the shortbread mixture evenly into the cupcake liners. Set aside.
  5. In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese with the 1/2 cup sugar. Mix until fluffy.
  6. Add the egg and beat until just combined.
  7. Evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture on top of the shortbread mixture.
  8. Bake the cheesecake for 15 minutes or until the cheesecake center is almost set.
  9. Allow to cool and transfer to the refrigerator for 1 hour.
  10. Over a double boiler, melt the caramels with the water. Mix until melted.
  11. Drizzle some of the melted caramel over cheesecake.
  12. Top the cheesecakes with the pieces of snickers.
  13. Drizzle the remaining melted caramel over the snickers and cheesecake.
  14. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe adapted from Kraft.com.

One year ago...............................I made Jumbo 4 Chip Cookies.
Two years ago.............................I made Tomato Soup.
Three years ago...........................I made Blueberry Muffins.
Did you already know..................
-In 1930, Mars Incorporated launched the Snickers candy bar.
-In 1930, the Snickers candy bar cost five cents. 
-Snickers candy bar was named after the Mars family's horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment