Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Amish White Bread

So, my daughter was asking my husband if she was nicer than her sister. He wisely wouldn't answer. Since she didn't like his answer, she complained to me. So, I asked her if I was nicer than her sister. She said, yes. I asked her if I was nicer than her Dad. She said yes. Then I asked her if there was anyone nicer than me. She replied no. So I said what about my sister. My daughter replied yes that my sister was nicer. I started laughing. She realized her mistake and tried to tell me that no one was nicer than me. I told her it was to late. Well, my daughter thought I was nice when I made her some homemade bread. This bread is very good. It is soft with a little sweetness. I used mini loaf pans for a cute change and a little different than store bought bread.
Amish White Bread
2 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp active dry yeast
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour

Directions:
  1. Oil either 2 bread pans, 8 mini bread pans, or a muffin tin.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar, and yeast. Allow the yeast to proof for 5 minutes.
  3. Add the salt and oil to the water mixture.
  4. Stir in one cup of flour at a time. 
  5. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes. 
  6. Place the dough into an oiled bowl and turn to coat the dough.
  7. Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour. 
  8. Punch down the dough.
  9. Knead for 2 minutes and then separate the dough into the desired prepared pans.
  10. Allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes.
  11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  12. Bake the bread for 30 minutes. 
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.

One year ago......................................I made Russian Meatballs.
Two years ago....................................I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.
Three years ago..................................I made Buttermilk Cornbread.
Did you already know............................
-One bushel of wheat can produce about 42 pounds of white flour.
-Bread has been found in Egyptian tombs.
-In 1928, sliced bread was first sold in stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment