Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Amlou Dip

Since my children and husband likes to eat dips, I figured I would try this Moroccan recipe. I thought this would taste similar to peanut butter but I was wrong. It is nutty tasting. I will admit this recipe had mixed reviews. My husband ate the majority of it. I only made a small batch since Argan oil is expensive. It does have a unique taste. If you are serving a Moroccan theme dinner, this would be something to try.
Amlou Dip
1/3 cup Almonds, roasted
1.7 oz. Argan oil
1 oz. Honey

Directions:
  1. In a food processor, grind the almonds to form a paste.
  2. Slowly add the Argan oil to the almond past.
  3. Add the honey and combine well.
Recipe adapted from Food.com.

One year ago...........................I made Popovers with chive and cheddar.
Two years ago.........................I made BLT with Aioli.
Three years ago......................I made Peanut Butter Florentines.
Did you already know..............................
-Argan oil is made from the kernel of the Argan tree.
-The Argan tree are grown in limited area but is native to Morocco.
-Argan oil can be found in high ended cosmetics since it is good for the hair and skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment