Monday, July 27, 2015

Alfredo

My daughter requested Fettuccine Alfredo. If I'm going to make something so rich, well I think a vegetable should be added. Since the broccoli is covered with alfredo, my husband willingly even ate his vegetables. With this meal, I like to serve a salad. I think it must balance out the meal. Is this dish delicious? Yes! Does it taste like the alfredo served at my daughter's favorite restaurant? I didn't think so but it didn't matter. It was a great meal for a special occasion.
Alfredo
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 shallots, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1/8 tsp white pepper
pinch of salt
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:
  1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
  2. Add the shallot and saute.
  3. Add the heavy cream, pepper, and salt. Stir.
  4. Once the mixture reaches a simmer, stir in the Parmesan cheese. 
  5. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture reaches desired consistence.
Serve with pasta, breadsticks, etc. 
Recipe adapted from Top Secret Recipes.

One year ago........................................I made Tri-berry Pancakes.
Two years ago......................................I made Chocolate Cupcakes.
Three years ago....................................I made Raspberry Cream Cheese Scones.
Did you already know............................
-In 1908, Alfredo di Lelio created a dish for his postpartum wife.
-In 1914, Alfredo added his alfredo pasta dish to his restaurant menu in Italy.
-In 1928, Douglas Fairbanks with his newlywed Mary Pickford (popular Hollywood actors of the silent screen) enjoyed the dish so well they requested the recipe and other Hollywood elites dined at his restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment