Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Gnocchi with roasted vegetables

I will admit my husband did not try this dish. There are way to many vegetables for him. He decided the leftovers sounded good. However, my kids loved it. My daughter and I tried a similar dish at CRT a few months ago. I figured I would try to replicate the dish. The original dish did not have asparagus but I figured I would add some. My daughter said it was her favorite vegetable of all. My son liked the summer squash the best. I liked the servings of vegetables my children were eating. Now, how to get my husband to eat more vegetables is the hard part.
Gnocchi with roasted vegetables
1 eggplant
2 summer squash
1 zucchini
1/2 red pepper
1 bunch of asparagus
8 oz. button mushrooms
1/2 large red onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper for taste
2 cups arugula
1 package of gnocchi 
2 Tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup shaved Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. Chop the vegetables into bite size pieces.
  3. Arrange the vegetables onto a baking sheet.
  4. Toss the vegetables with 1 Tbsp olive oil and spread into a single layer.
  5. Season with salt and pepper. 
  6. Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes.
  7. Stir the vegetables and bake for another 15 minutes or until desired tenderness.  
  8. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
  9. Add the gnocchi and cook until golden brown. 
  10. In a large bowl, combine the gnocchi and roasted vegetables.
  11. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the gnocchi and vegetables. Lightly toss.
  12. Top with the shaved Parmesan cheese.
Inpired by the Cinderella's Royal Table dish.

One year ago...............................I made Chocolate Chip Oreo and PB cups Cookies.
Two years ago.............................I made Rice Pilaf.
Did you already know....................
-In 1971, the Cinderella Castle's restaurant was called King Stefan's Banquet Hall.
-In 1997, the restaurant's name was changed to Cinderella's Royal Table.
-There are over 40 coats of arms displayed in the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment