Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nutella Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Lately, my husband is complaining that I should not hid vegetables in his food.  He thinks I should disclose any added vegetables to his food so he has a choice. So, I figured I would see his reaction when I asked him to try my chocolate zucchini bread. He hesitated in taking the bread and I had to convince him that he would like it. He did and couldn't believe the bread had a vegetable in it. My sister said that she couldn't see any zucchini in her piece. I said it's because I coated it in cocoa powder. I even used two medium zucchinis for this bread.
Nutella Chocolate Zucchini Bread
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 cups zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Nutella
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Spray two bread pans with nonstick baking spray.
  3. Dust the bread pans with cocoa powder and tap off any excess cocoa powder.
  4. In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and shredded zucchini.
  5. Add the vegetable oil, Nutella, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir to incorporate.
  6. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
  7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  8. Evenly distribute the batter between the two pans.
  9. Bake the bread for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.

One year ago..........................I made Double Roasted Chicken.
Two years ago........................I made Peacharine Cream Cheese Tart.
Did you already know......................
-Zucchini is native to Central America.
-The largest recorded zucchini weighed 65 pounds.
-Zucchini can be eaten cooked or raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment