Friday, October 24, 2014

Cheeseburger Soup

When it becomes colder, I like to make soups. They are easy to make besides all the chopping. The other reason is all the vegetables I add to the soup. My son was watching me and even commented how many vegetables I was adding to this soup. Good thing he likes vegetables. I asked him if we should mention it to Dad and he agreed that we better not. The thing with this recipe is my husband asked me to make a cheeseburger soup recipe years ago. The recipes I found weren't what he wanted. When I saw this recipe, I knew this must be the one he would like. It is delicious! What a great meal. I did add a kohlrabi but it was because I had one on hand. My husband said the soup tasted better the next day. Good to know.
Cheeseburger Soup aka hidden lake water
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup julienne carrots
3 celery stocks, diced
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
  1. In a large pot, add the olive oil.
  2. Add the hamburger and brown.
  3. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and parsley flakes. Cook for 5 minutes.
  4. Add the butter and allow to melt. 
  5. Sprinkle the flour on top and stir. Cook for 1 minute. 
  6. Stir in the chicken broth and stir well to prevent lumps.
  7. Add the potatoes. 
  8. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
  9. Reduce the heat to low and add the milk, salt, and pepper.
  10. Stir in the cheddar cheese. Allow the cheese to melt.
  11. Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the sour cream. 
  12. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from The recipe critic.
One year ago........................I made Chili Mac.
Two years ago......................I made PB Cookies.
Three years ago....................I made Onion Dip.
Did you already know.........
-Woman are more likely to order soup in a restaurant than a man.
-The original Campbell soup cans were orange and blue. 
-There are 32 cans of soup in the famous Andy Warhals Campbell's Soup Cans painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment