Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Meatloaf

One of my family's favorite meal is meatloaf. Yes, meatloaf. It is not a pretty dish. It is actually scary looking. Yes, it is the perfect recipe to post for October. This is the meatloaf recipe my Mom made us as a kid. It is simple. It is fast and my husband makes it often for us. My Mom told me that she had found the recipe in a woman's magazine when we were little. The recipe was for the microwave and it was not shaped as a loaf but as a ring. I still make it in a ring since I actually think it cooks better that way. We always eat it with ketchup, mashed potatoes, and carrots. We normally have this meal at least twice a month. Simple is sometimes better.
Meatloaf aka bones and flesh
1 lb. hamburger
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 slices of bread, torn
1 large egg
2 Tbsp Poultry seasoning

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the hamburger, onion, bread, egg, and poultry seasoning. 
  3. Mix just until incorporated.
  4. Place in a baking dish and form a ring. 
  5. Cover and bake the meatloaf for 1 hour or until thoroughly cooked through.
  6. Serve warm. 
Recipe provided by Jen's Mom.

Two years ago...........................I made Two Tone Halloween Cookies.
Three years ago.........................I made Chocolate Cookies.
Four years ago...........................I made Sloppy Joes.
Did you already know...........................
-Since 5th century A.D., the Romans have made meat with fillers.
-During the Depression, meatloaf was a popular way to stretch a meal containing meat.
-Meatloaf is versatile recipe which ingredients vary by region and diners.

No comments:

Post a Comment