Friday, January 9, 2015

Stuffed Pepper Soup

Sometimes my husband does something that will surprise me. We have been married forever-alright 12 years. I think I know him pretty well but when he asked me to make him stuffed pepper soup, I was surprised. I didn't know this man in front of me. Make what? Something with green peppers? I thought he didn't like green peppers. He must not been feeling good. Maybe he was cloned by aliens and the imposter thought he could pull one over on me? I love green peppers so I had to make this soup. I loved it. My husband had tried it when he was at the poker room. Since the poker room has such a limited selection, he tried it. He was even surprised he liked it. Being such a good husband, he even told me that my soup was even better than the soup he had tried.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
2 cups rice
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
2 green bell peppers, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 jar (14 oz.) tomato and basil pasta sauce
1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian diced tomatoes sauce
4 cups chicken broth

Directions: 
  1. Cook the rice according to the package directions. Set aside.
  2. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
  3. Brown the hamburger with the chopped onions and green peppers. 
  4. Cook until the hamburger is cooked through. 
  5. Add the pasta sauce, tomato sauce, and the chicken broth. Heat through.
  6. Before serving, Scoop half a cup of rice into a bowl.
  7. Ladle the soup over the rice and stir. 
  8. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home

One year ago.............................Sausage Wonton Appetizers.
Three years ago........................Burgundy Mushrooms.
Did you already know..............
-In 1840, Queen Victoria created the tradition of wearing a white bridal gown according to Women's Day. (I wore baby blue since blue is my husband's favorite color.)
-To give a betrothed a ring has been around since Roman times.
-Since 1477, Archduke Maximilian of Austria was the first recorded history to give a fiancee a diamond ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment