Monday, April 4, 2016

Breakfast Bake

Hello Everyone! I haven't meant to be gone so long. I haven't been cooking much. Since I have blogged last, a lot has happened. My oldest daughter came to visit. Also, we went to Maine for a visit. My Dad wasn't feeling the best and was admitted to the hospital. We visited him often. I took my Mom to New Hampshire to visit family. My husband has been diagnosed with diabetes. I have been trying to change our eating habits. I will admit that I have made this dish several times. The family love it. My husband told me that he is going to make it. I'm not saying this dish is the best dish to make for a diabetic. I did double the vegetables. I reduced the potatoes. Also, I used the Jiffy baking mix since it had lower carbohydrates than Bisquick. I figure even if I blog a recipe a week until I get back into cooking more than I can share what I have made and liked.
Breakfast Bake
2 packages (12 oz.) breakfast sausage
2 medium bell pepper, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
2 cups milk
1/4 tsp pepper
4 eggs

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
  3. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, bell peppers, and onions until the sausage is fully cooked. 
  4. Stir in the hash browns and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
  5. Spread the mixture into the baking dish.
  6. In a medium bowl, combine the baking mix, milk, black pepper, and eggs until well blended.  
  7. Pour the baking mixture into the baking dish.
  8. Bake the mixture uncovered for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
  9. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
  10. Bake for a couple of minutes longer until the cheese is melted.
  11. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. 
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.

One year ago............................I made Easter Cake.
Two years ago..........................I made Egg Cupcakes
Three years ago........................I made Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Four years ago..........................I made Chocolate and PB Ribbon Dessert.
Did you already know.................
-Type 1 Diabetes: the body has lack of insulin production.
-Type 2 Diabetes: the body ineffectively use of insulin properly. 
-90% of people with diabetes have Type 2 Diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment